Summer School IV

I made it! The Make It In Design Summer School that is. Didn't really thought I would but I did.
Good for me, right ;)

Our final brief was about feathers and making a repeat pattern inspired by them. I was so happy when I saw we had feathers to work with because if you remember, I made some beautiful ones last year for Yanik. I ended up starting with my work pretty late again and was faced with a huge block. Well, I did manage to draw some nice shapes but the pattern I tried to make out of them was rubbish.

I totally changed my original idea last minute and produced this fishing net out of feathers with two of the pretty ones caught in it. I'm not thrilled about it but I don't hate it either.

This whole experience was a really good one as I got a glimpse of the "real world of pattern design" and how things work there. It also made me realize that I would like to be a part of it.

Comments

Popular Posts