Mr. Cat

Let me introduce to you Mr. Cat and his best friend Mr. Fish:

Mr. Cat II

He is going to Ireland to live with Mark as my part of an art trade and I'll be getting a drawing.

When I was thinking about what to make as an accessory for the photo shoot it occurred to me I should make something from Mark's drawings and I chose this "little" fish he drew here.

Mr. Cat I

As you can see Mr. Cat is fully pose-able; he is needle-felted with wire armature underneath. Mr. Fish is just an ordinary toy so he really doesn't need to be able to move, right? He was sewn from white felt first and then I needle-felted the colors onto him. I added black stitches because they were on the drawing and I wanted to add those scales too but I realized that would look too busy so I skipped that part.

Mr. Cat III

I still have to finish the box he'll be traveling in but I wanted to post his photos as soon as I could.
I'm trying to post my works in a group called "A Piece A Week - 2013" over at FB and this will be my submission for week 6.


Comments

  1. Cute again Nini! Lovely cat. Would like to do an art-exchange with you someday too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you Esther! Well, for the future art-exchanges I think I'll just have to do smaller pieces... hope that would be ok with you :)

      Delete
    2. Would be fun anyway Nini! We"ll just have a little art exchange, postcard size or something ;-).

      Delete
    3. Oooh, I like that - art exchanges being cooked up :)

      Delete
    4. And indeed they are! I had a wonderful idea (at least in my book) for one and all I need to do is come with the writing about it and post it. Probably in CC as it'll at least be seen there :)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Wow, you have been busy. I love the fact that Mr Cat is pose-able. That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Wiley. Yes, I have been busy and will hopefully remain this way for some time. I have so many things on my to-do list it's almost criminal :D

      Delete
  3. Yes - that he's pose-able, that is so awesome :) I really love what you do with your photo shoots :D Love the little spool that he's sitting on in the first photo - gives an idea of size :) And you can totally see he adores that fish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying this. I know one has to have really nice photos to be able to sell things online so that's why I'm "practicing" so much. The spool is there for exactly that reason - to give an idea of size. And I love you see him as adoring the little fish. That's so cute. I can't see it that way because I took the photos and edited them and all so they look different to me. It's probably the same way with everything... once you look at it for a long time you don't really see it properly anymore.

      Delete
  4. This is so cool! Adorable and cool, a winning combination. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you so much for saying so! Especially because I know you know what you're talking about! ;)

      Great to see you again too, I visited you as well a couple of times :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate every comment I receive and I will reply to it as soon as I can ♥

Popular Posts