Sewing and Drawing

Sewing and some drawing were on the agenda for the last two weeks or so. Maybe more, don't really remember.... time flies and my brains don't want to keep things in.

Anyways, the first thing I wanted to share was this little skirt I made for my friend. It was supposed to be a test run for the pattern and because I "labeled" it that way I was easy on myself and I could experiment a lot. I got the graphics I printed and ironed on the fabric from the awsome site of The Graphics Fairy. She has tons of beautiful images to download there and lots and lots of tutorials or DIY projects that she shares from others as well. I also drew a bit on the skirt and hemmed it with self adhesive iron on tape. And I must say I was rather pleased with the result :)


Then I sewed up a little bunny for a friend's baby. I took the pattern from Tilda's book Sew Pretty Homestyle and changed it from cat to bunny. I had these little baby blankets that were perfect for this and I liked how the bunny came out too.


As for the drawing goes... well... that's always so tricky for me. If I have to draw it will take me ages to go and do it. Really. I can MAKE stuff but drawing... I find this really interesting but I will force myself to continue doing it. Because practice is all I need and after the appropriate investment of time and efforts my drawing will be so much easier to go to. I know that. So, what do I have to show? I participated in an ATC card swap last month and the theme was "Keep Calm and.." - we had to come up with our own sayings. It was a very interesting thing to make because these cards are oh-so tiny and small that it's quite difficult to make them. But oh-so more rewarding when you're done. Here are my two cards:


I hope the girl I sent them to will receive them because I think the number that was missing from her address might be crucial :/  I already received her cards and they were FABULOUS! So soooooo great that they made me feel so bad about the ones I made. And the funny thing was, she made me a "Keep Calm and Dream On" one too :) What are the odds for this eh? 


Did you make something for yourself or your friends too? I'd love to see it, please share.


Comments

  1. Holy cow with all your projects! (I've been saying "holy cow" a lot lately. Probably I need a new phrase.) The skirt is so cute! And both it and the rabbit look so wonderfully made!

    You should not worry so much about the drawing - you did a brilliant job on the swap with these two! The dream one in particular is really cool! I'm about a year into doing atcs like mad and they DO get easier, and the cropping to fit the tiny space can be a fun challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, holy cow sounds cool! :D thank you so much for setting my mind at easy Cindy, it's great to hear it from somebody who swaps regularly :) (haha, this sounded weird)

      and you are absolutely right about the challenges of cropping to the tiny space... it is also very addictive so I can now very much understand your drive and power to do the "100 cards projects" so easily

      Delete
  2. oh nini, that little rabbit is so pretty! :)
    love the skirt and the two cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much toi ♥

      I loved doing all of them but the skirt was my favourite! :)

      Delete
  3. Vow how atrociously perfect. I like everything you made, bunny and the rest but the skirt is just too awsome. I'd like to have one.
    Lordy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh Lordy, thank you very very much
      I'll make you a little skirt too but only if you'll wear it :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Nini! That skirt with the little bird on the bike is really adorable! And ofcourse you knew a place to find the images and patterns. I sure know who to turn to when I ever need something special, you're kind of an encyclopedia for creative things! :-)
    The little bunny is very sweet, makes a lovely gift for a lucky baby!
    And....I still would love to see more of your drawings :-)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I can share my crafty knowledge so just ask away! :)

      I'll try to do more drawings.... but I rather not promise anything though.

      Delete
  5. Wow Nini! I love your style, I love how you attempt anything, and having a gift is a great way to get motivated. Your friends are so lucky and you are so generous. As Esther says you are fountain of creative connections. Well done. If you had not said anything about struggling with drawing I would never have known, to me it all looks the same ... extraordinarily talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Suzi, you are always so kind to me, to all of us. Thank you so soooo much for being here and spreading your love and wisdom.

      ♥ Much love from me. ♥

      Delete
  6. What fun to discover your blog <3 . It's a fabulous skirt. Lucky friend. And the bunny is amazing too. I just have to echo Esther " you are an encyclopedia for creative things "… I'm going to pop over and check out both pattern places you credited. As you know , I sense a kindred spirit in you . XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandy K! Thank you for the visit and your beautiful words. I know we are very much kindred spirits and this knowing delights me. I love to share my creativity and having someone who also does DIY sort of projects is such a blessing. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate every comment I receive and I will reply to it as soon as I can ♥

Popular Posts