Shabby Chic Shelf

Ha! I finally made something I wanted to make for I don't even know how long. I love the idea of recycling. The idea about making something useful out of things that would normally end up in the landfill.

The idea for making a shelf out of old newspapers and cardboard has been with me for a really long time. After seeing a Trash to Treasure Contest announced over at dA I knew I just have to make it and enter. So I did. Here is how it looks like:

Shabby Chic kind of Shelf

I don't know why but I went for this vintage feel when coloring it up. I could do so many different "personalities" but somehow this type seemed appropriate. And I do love it.

I did not mount it on the wall yet as I have no idea where to put it. It's size is 31x15x15 cm and is meant to hold my 4 ceramic bowls. Only, I think I'll make another, bigger one, to hold even more stuff :D

Comments

  1. Oh wow! It's incredible to think that that beautiful shelf is made out newspapers, of all things! I like the antique countryside feel of your shabby chic shelf, you did a really good job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is made from cardboard and newspapers?! If I had just seen the pictures (which i did in your Flickr Photostream!) I'd have thought you would have perhaps bought an old shelf and given in a new lease of life.

    But my goodness you have made this from scratch and that is truly wonderful! Brilliant, nini, simply brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kitty Vane. I just got an idea for a shelf that would go well with your Rag Pets.

    @Katrina: thank you again, you are too kind! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate every comment I receive and I will reply to it as soon as I can ♥

Popular Posts