My own "52 in 2021" creative plan

Previous post was about about the whole point behind My 52 in 2021 - Focusing on the Positive Project. I feel the need to recap in a way :)

I know, from my own experience, that the things that lift me up and thus make me all positive and good to be around, are being creative, being outside in the nature and keeping my daily meditation practice. And because I want to be higher vibe and more in-tune with my higher self I will do more of these things. Specifically, more creative things as they are the first to go down the drain when my vibe starts to fall down. I shall tackle my never-ending list of creative e-courses! :D That's huge, mind you. Quite perfect that we're in the lock down and it's winter time ;)



I will need an accountability buddy for this and also some sort of physical proof of what I will do so I decided to keep a simple art journal/scrapbook album in which I'll keep snippets of my projects and my photos from all the special things that will be happening in 2021. Why? Because the process of being more creative and making these pages will only invite more high vibration into my life, more positivity, more awesome experiences. And I wish this for everyone. Because good vibe is as contagious as the low vibe and I want to spread the good one :)

I was pondering and choosing my journal for a while and nothing made my heart sing. I have many empty sketchbooks at home, hardcover bound sketchbooks, an altered furniture catalogue book that almost got chosen and was chosen until ... until I spoke to my friend who needed some help with choosing a gift and I searched for something on my bookshelf and found THE sketchbook for me! What an awesome synchronicity. It was a sketchbook I made myself back in 2019 and didn't use. What's really cool about it is that I used only really cheap watercolor paper (those kid's pads you get at grocery stores) and I already painted on them. Well, painted isn't really a correct word. I just played with the papers and got some colorful backgrounds done. It did miss a few pages so I played some more today and will rebound the whole thing back, to use as my 2021 creative buddy. 

Using self made sketchbook makes such a difference because there's already good vibe in it. And no horrifying blank pages either nor special expensive papers in this case of mine! I will bind the pages using this tutorial and I'll just simply be gluing them onto the covers. I made them out of cardboard from a box I had at home and some polka dot adhesive paper. It'll be all wobbly and uneven but oh so whimsical and great to hold in my hands :)

I filmed two videos of making these papers and during the first one, we had an earthquake! :D Luckily everything was ok. Phew! It's not cute being shaken like that. I do warn you, the videos are nowhere near those pro looking ones out there but you get the idea and I had fun making them :D

Here's part one:

And part two:

Will you join us? If yes, let me know in the comments and tell me where I can see your creations. You can also connect with us in my FB group: click.

I'll be using #My52in2021 tag on IG and #ourcreativeselves among others. Hope to see you! Let's connect.

 

With much love,


Nina



Comments

  1. I loved your ideas! Need to put on practise!
    A question, if you did on both sides, how do you use on your journal (to glue)?
    Tks!
    Christina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for your comment Christina. I will bind these papers into a book so that all of the pages in it already have backgrounds on them. Will post a photo. Thank you for asking 💖

      Delete
  2. Nini, thank you for sharing with us this beautiful process :) I didn't know that I have so many useful tools for creating already at home :) I definitely need to try it :) I will be sharing my creations on Instagram, where you can find me under myembroiderypassions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww V., thank you so much for your comment! I am very much looking forward to seeing your creations! See ya over on IG ♥

      Delete

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate every comment I receive and I will reply to it as soon as I can ♥

Popular Posts