Instantly Happy

April is the month of instant photography (as of last year when the French photographers organized a few events across France). You can read more about the project here - EXPOLAROID.

I thought it would be nice to document a little bit of my Friday's city visit with my friend Ana and what else to do it with if not with my brand new instax mini 90 - NEO CLASSIC. Gosh do I like this little fella!

First we had some coffee. There's cable railway up to Ljubljana castle in the back.

Then we headed towards Ljubljana market place where something called "An Open Kitchen" is happening on Fridays and Saturdays. It's about city's restaurants offering their food on a special market.

We chose spinach-feta-pine nuts pie from here (although all the sweets were really tempting too).

You can see how busy it was but it's only about 1/4 of all of it.

After the food we went for another cup of coffee and some cake to our favourite cake place. Here you can see a bit of Ljubljana castle up on the hill. This is also THE city center and it's really beautiful and worth a visit.

The other side of previous photo. This are the Three Bridges crossing river Ljubljanica.

The view from our table at the cake shop. Loads of people and tourists strolling about or sitting in the sun and relaxing. Just like we were, only we chose the shadow as it was just too hot :)








It was a memorable day and I wish I took more photos. But it was so lovely to just sit and chat that I enjoyed those moments instead. I did take a photo of Ana but I gave it to her :)

Comments

  1. It's been on my list of wants for a while now. Some point I will have to get one this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so pretty. Love the photos they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful glimpse into your world! Lovely polaroids too <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, you'll have a blast with it, you'll see. But if you can find an old SX-70 one... get it, it's still incomparable to this new one, although each of them has their own charm.

    Thank you Suzi and thank you Daizyheadmaisie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific photo story - I want to visit the market! I am glad you didn't spend all your time taking pictures and enjoyed your day. I think people forget to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful your home town is and your pictures of it! Such a nice inviting mood :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate every comment I receive and I will reply to it as soon as I can ♥

Popular Posts