Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap

I just couldn't help myself... I signed up for this Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap and being swamped with lots of other things I am writing this on the very last day of the swap. The day my postcard needs to fly off and before it does, I just wanted to share with you what I made.

The theme for the swap was "Create" and to make it more "spicy" the card had to include stitches. My initial idea was to make a fabric pocket which I would then sew onto the postcard and draw some pencils in it. But. One does not really keep pencils in the pocket, right? The cup! Yes... that was an option too but then I saw my cute little pink bucket on my window sill and the bulb went on and the upgrade to my idea was made instantly. I will make a bucket! And it will have a handle! The "real" one. And I will put it on the card in a way that it will be able to hold pencils for real! So I made it.

My first background was discarded and the idea about drawing the pencils was upgraded to drawing them and cutting them out of paper to be put in the basket in the end. Even one watercolor brush ended up there as well. Oh and I just HAD to use some glitter :D


My little envelope is now headed towards Australia and I really hope the girl getting the card will like it and put it to use.

I sure had fun creating this one and I must say that stitching paper is something really cool to do. I should use it again. On an ATC perhaps. (hmmmm, I still haven't shown you the cards for my last three swaps have I? .... oh my oh my... bad nini bad...)


Comments

  1. Awww its adorable! Bravo and well done for managing it in time. Does sewing paper ruin your machines needle or is it ok? (Speaking as a machine virgin and considering dragging it our one day soon...) My low mood pushed me into buying a felting kit and my mind is buzzing with ideas for sewing on top of felted art...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sand! I don't think sewing paper ruins the needles any more than sewing jeans or anything stiffer. But I'm no expert here either ;)
    What type of felting kit did you get? I'm guessing it must be for wet felting since you are considering sewing on top of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! It's so adorable! It's such a great idea! I love the delicate little pencils and brush. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) thank you so much Cindy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it Nini! Its so sweet. There are so many ways to do this, I want to keep trying them all!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jennifer, thank you so much! For dropping by and your lovely comment. I do agree with you, so many ways to do this and all seem better then the next :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate every comment I receive and I will reply to it as soon as I can ♥

Popular Posts