My Feathers for Yanik Finished









I really enjoyed making these because I was able to experiment and it was interesting to see what works best on different surfaces. The worst surface was the one with gesso because I really like to use either color pencils or watercolors and well... color pencils are o.k. over the gesso but watercolors... not really :)  The mistake was all mine, I should have used the papery side of the boxes from the beginning and just glue two pieces of the cardboard together with the printed sides. I did it in the end so I had to cut some of the feathers twice (which is the worst part of the job for me :) ).


I can't possibly choose the favourite one because I really like most of them :)  I think I'll be drawing or making some more in the future because they really are such a cool project.
   
There is still time for you to make some and send them to Yanik. If you haven't seen the "why part" about it - jump here.

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, they are ALL fabulous! Thank you so much Nini! Big hugs and abundant gratitude all the way from Quebec!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so SO much Yanik! I wish I had more time to make them as I had hard time stopping myself :)

      Sending a big hug back and a lot of love as well.

      Delete
  2. Wow...I am impress by such a lovely work. Fabulous =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Yours is so pretty too!

      Delete
  3. There very pretty Nini, I think they are all lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, I wish I could keep them ;)

      Delete
  4. So beautiful. These could be lovely bookmarks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pavinee. And what a great idea. I shall definitely make some!

      Delete
  5. Nini, that's soo beautiful :-) could stare at them for hours :-) meditation :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, thank you so much Kaja. I shall make one for you to have as a bookmark, as Pavinee suggested. That way it'll have at least double purpose :)

      Delete
  6. Aaaah, I really want to do this, but may run out of time. These are all terrific! If I *had* to pick a favorite it might be that blue and white one in the 4th image with the spots. But the really colorful ones are so great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, that's one of my faves as well. It looked so delicate in comparison to others. I'll really have to make some for me to hang over my drawing desk or to use as bookmarks.

      Delete
  7. Wow!! Your feathers look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh they are all so beautiful Nini! Thank you for letting me know about this project. Well done to make so many :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzi! I hope you'll find the time to make some too!

      Delete
  9. Why don't your posts appear in my newsfeed page anymore? :(
    Those feathers look really, really beautiful!
    I can totally imagine a streamer of them as room decoration. :)
    (And now I'll go read what it's all about^^')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katrin. I totally agree with you about a streamer of them.... I was actually thinking about making a banner out of them for me.... hopefully I will ;)

      Delete
    2. oh and I have no idea what is happening with the news-feed :(

      Delete
  10. nini, these are amazingly beautifully wonderful. [period.] haha (^.^)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate every comment I receive and I will reply to it as soon as I can ♥

Popular Posts