Feathers Please

avoxtar_CollaboratorsWanted


 This time I'll be really short because it's late and because all I really want to do is make you all aware of this cool project I stumbled upon earlier this evening. It's about making feathers out of cardboard boxes and sending them to Canada to Yanik. She is going to make a big bird installation with all the feathers in it's tail. There's another highlight in this; she will try to have the bird hosted by as many heart-centered businesses in order to get the money to donate onwards. "Each 300$ donation feeds and educates one child in Haiti through the Eddy Pascal School and the Haiti-Laurentides Committee."

You will find all the info and instructions over HERE.

Let's create some pretties! :)

Here's my batch that is going to be gessoed asap to dry over night.




Comments

  1. Wonderful idea, Nini, you are very good at spotting these. Lovely to know your art is helping a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it was obviously meant to be, me finding it as I clicked on stuff I never do :)
      Oh Suzi, do make some feathers with your mom... it would be such a great thing to do.

      Delete
  2. I can't figure out if I left a comment here or not. But I think it's a really cool project and I am going to try to do some feathers! (You do find cool things!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the only comment I got :) It was such a coincidence finding this that I can't help but think about how "it was meant to be". I really hope you'll make some, they will look amazing with your colorful copics. And please publish them!

      Delete
  3. Your feathers look great. I find feathers intriguing anyway :-). It being for a good cause too makes the project even more inspiring I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Esther, you should see them now when they are almost finished :D
      I must say I really like making them because I can make each one a bit different and use them to experiment with different color media and all. Too bad I have to finish them up today and take them to the post office tomorrow because on Tuesday I'm leaving for a week off and I think it would be a bit late if I'd be finishing them off when I return. I sooo hope tomorrow the weather will be bright so I'll be able to take some decent photos of them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate every comment I receive and I will reply to it as soon as I can ♥

Popular Posts