After May comes June


As Cindy discovered with surprise, I still haven't updated my blog. And A LOT has happened since my last post about drawing blind contours of giraffes and other animals.

In fact... so much has happened I can't possibly tell everything or include all the details but I will let you in on what was going on in the past month (o my, it's actually really a month since my last post O_o ).

Hmmm, I'll go backwards. On tenth was my birthday and it was a lovely day here. I was still a bit tired from our recent trip (which I'll tell you about next) so we took it easy. I didn't have anything planned at all - except for lunch with my family - so you can imagine my surprise when I came to Lidl for some grocery shopping to see a beautiful, gorgeous, amazing sewing machine. I was looking for a new one for quite some time now so that's why, when I saw this beauty, I knew she was waiting for me :) I haven’t tried her out yet but I feel she’ll do great!

Miss Red

The trip. Yes. We (my parents and me) went to Netherlands to get a new Norwegian Forest cat for my parent’s new cattery. But instead of just driving there to pick her up and go back we decided to make it a little vacation first. We enjoyed the sunshine, beautiful landscapes, greenery, cute little towns, great shops (even though there wasn’t a lot of time for shopping), perfect little cottages in the countryside, busy Amsterdam and to top everything - we visited a place that was a dream home for me. Absolute heaven in the middle of nowhere, nature all around with all sorts of small happy places to just enjoy life and be. I really hope I’ll be able to visit the lady who lives there again.


young Miss Quini


busy Amsterdam


cute bike

heaven on earth
typical Dutch wind mill

But that’s not all. I met 3 of my on-line friends in Amsterdam! We met at the botanical garden, had some tea and chatted like we knew each other from high school. It was awsome to meet them all and I only wish we would have the means to meet up regularly somewhere. I even got a surprise present from Yvonne (who had no idea I’ll be having a birthday) - Micron pens, a pink writing fountain pen and a very sharp porcupine quill which she uses to draw and write with ink. Such a perfect surprise. I just had to get myself a bottle of ink and 3 of those brushes you can load with water to take around for some outdoor painting and sketching.

I shall finish now because this post is loaded with info as is but I still have two more things to tell :) I'll leave them for my next post which will be sooner then next month, I promise!

Comments

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! And how nice to get a surprise package! The sewing machine looks very pretty... now let's see what it inspires! :D

    I love the photos. Some of them look downright old-fashioned. In fact, with those dark edges, it must actually be a real camera instead of digital? (Please pardon my photo ignorance.)

    That one of busy Amsterdam would make a really cool ink drawing - if I could just make some time to practice cityscapes and streetscapes. And that one of the cottage in the forest... I must agree with you. I want that!

    And a new kitten. For a cattery! Haha, that's pretty great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you dear Cindy! I looove surprises so I really enjoyed my nicely wrapped pens - in orange paper with white dots and a blue ribbon across.

      The photos were digitally altered to look like this. I took them with my phone camera. And I completely agree with you about the one with Amsterdam... it would look awsome in ink and watercolors. Time and practice are oh so necessary for these things. But your version in Copics would look amazing too, especially in your style.

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, miss Red looks stunning :D I can't wait to see what you whip up with her :D & LOVE the pictures you shared - that place looks AMAZING, is that where you stayed when you went to pick up the cat - which, from a non-cat-person-perspective looks stunning, by the way, and I can't waut for you to draw her ;) - ? Wow!

    Just a big smile - :D - lovely to see you here again :) x!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Yvonne, glad to have You here too! :)

      Unfortunately this cottage isn't the place we stayed at - it's the dream place from a lady who has a cattery too, with lots of cats.

      And Miss Quini is very cute of course. They always are :D Huh, I keep forgetting about the task of drawing her. I have two foxes to make and lots of catching up to do in lots of other departments ;)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures. Amazing you made them with your mobile. Wow, the sewing-machine! I have to go to Lidl! there's just one across the street whereI live. The only thing.....I can't sew......;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Esther, it's really nice to have the technology in your pocket all the time. I wonder if my new phone will take even better pictures.

      As for the sewing goes - it's really not that difficult. All you need to do is follow the guidelines in the tutorials you get with the machine or with some simple patterns. I still haven't tried her yet but she is soooo gorgeous! :D

      Delete
  4. looks like you had an absolute wonderful time, my dear! i'm so happy for you :) thou i have to say i'm a bit jealous of those three girls, haha. one day we will have coffee and eat yummy treats while walking a pretty street taking pictures, i just know it ♥


    oh, and that tiny little bundle of fur is just precious ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you my dear sweet friend! we shall have that tea and an enormously huge amount of yummy treats with it too! why did I just get the feeling it'll be in Paris?

      Delete
  5. I know I'm reeeeaally late, but Happy Birthday! I'm checking my blogdashboard just now because I was kind of busy recently. Sorry ^^'

    I'm glad you had such a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't worry Katrin, thank you :)

      Yes, the trip was really really nice.

      Delete
  6. Not sure how I missed this story of the kitten and the visits and birthdays too. All sounds so lovely so I've signed up by email because I always love your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Suzi, that's so nice of you. Thank you very much!

      And yes, we were talking about the visit for so long it's quite odd you missed it :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate every comment I receive and I will reply to it as soon as I can ♥

Popular Posts